Saturday, September 25, 2010

Why I choose Illustration

The process of illustrating an image is what I find enjoyable yet challenging . I enjoy mostly working with basic drawings of furnitures or living rooms, from traditional mediums such as acrylics, watercolor paints, and pencils, to illustration digitally. I would scan my drawings onto the computer and work from there. I like that digital illustration in design allows my drawings to be more precise and representable. What I found most challenging is working with color gradient tool on Adobe Illustrator. Mixing the colors to create 3D effect of the furniture is not always easy. Sometimes it would take me hours to figure out the right color. But I think the time and process it takes to make a good design is definitely worth the experience to help me improve.

I will continue working with illustrating furniture designs and possibly combining digital photography with my drawings.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of just wish this was longer. I would have liked to hear more about how you got to digital art maybe, or a few more details on what you do with it. I'm guessing you didn't start out directly with it, so did you use colored pencils, paint, pastels, or something else before that?

    ReplyDelete