Sunday, September 19, 2010

Artist Review: Frank Gehry



In my senior year in high school, I took a trip to Downtown Los Angeles to photograph some famous architectural buildings for my portfolio. While I was wandering around, I have discovered the Walt Disney Concert Hall designed by the famous Canadian American architect, Frank Gehry.At an early age, Gehry was influenced by his grandparents to build models of cities out of wood scraps. He was also inspired to use materials such as steel and chain link fence. He later graduated from the University of Southern California's School of Architect. When I first visited the concert hall, I was fascinated by its sophistication and the undulating surfaces that embodied the construction. The entire exterior of the concert hall is made of stainless steel. I am impressed with how the stainless steel building creates a shimmery facade, which
revitalizes the surrounding neighborhood of Downtown Los Angeles.

This is the original sketch of Walt Disney Concert Hall






http://www.laphil.com/philpedia/wdch-overview.cfm


No comments:

Post a Comment